Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A glimpse of the past

On the weekend I did one of my favourite activities - going to garage sales. When I read the listings in the local paper there was one that caught my eye - the ad stated that the house owner was going into aged care. Having watched my parents place my grandma in aged care I know how hard this can be for the elderly person and their family. What I also clicked in my mind is that there would potentially be lots of vintage stuff to look at. I was so right! Mum and I went to this sale first and we are not disappointed. Lots of beautiful things that had been well looked after. I spotted the bookshelf on the right and knew it had to be mine. For the right price it was. Because the bookshelf would not fit in my car, we went and visited some other sales and did a couple of errands and returned home to get the Land cruiser. When dad and I went to pick up the bookshelf, the owner's daughter was taking books out of it. And old exercise book fell out which was in quite good condition. I flicked through it and discovered it had handmade recipes written in it and that it was quite old. I gave the lady who had owned it a $1 and thanked her for looking after all of her things. There are quite a few recipes in it that I am going to try and make. Some of them have measures that I have not even heard of before which will be a challenge when it comes to cooking.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment