Sunday, June 17, 2012

Finishing what I started...

I started Ali E's 31 Days and got to day 14 and then sort of gave up. Day 31 has come and gone and I wanted to finish the prompts. So hear goes. And even though I am finding this painful, I am going to stick at it.

Day 15 - 9.15
On any day at 9.15 I can be doing a variety of things. If I am at work it will be teaching. If I am not at work I will usually be getting the mail. If it is the weekend I could still be in bed, on my way somewhere, eating breakfast or reading the newspaper.

Day 16 - Uniform
The last time I wore an actual uniform was when I was at school. I guess I have a number of unofficial uniforms that I wear. When I go to work, I wear things that I class as being dressed up. When I am at home on the weekend I wear casual clothes like my shorts and tracky pants. When I am going somewhere, like going to get the mail or to run some errands I will usually wear jeans. Lately I seem to be wearing jeans, a top and either my RM Williams vest or my Mountain Designs vest with either pair of my RM William boots.

Day 17 - Technology
I am one connected girl! I have made a lot friends and been able to maintain old ones through the use of technology. I have always been a bit of an adapter. I was one of the first people at uni to get a mobile phone. It was a brick. It was heavy and did not fit in my pocket. The bills were really expensive too! Then mobile phones changed and all of a sudden we could send each other text messages! Lots of fun! Daily I use a lot of technology, and sometimes I yearn to disconnect. There are times when that happens and I am working on being able to do it more.

Day 18 - Shoes
Size 10 feet. Sometimes I call them hoofs. Like shoes. Have lots of favourite pairs. Most favourite pair is RM Williams boots x 2.

Day 19 - Listen
I like the sound of music, the wind, the rain and the sound you make when walking through crunchy autumn leaves.

Day 20 - Carry
What do I carry? Sometimes I carry physical things and other times I carry emotional baggage. That is what happens when one separates from their husband and shifts away from their beloved pets.
When I go out I always carry my wallet, phone and keys. Sometimes in a handbag and sometimes not.

Day 21- Think
Sometimes I feel as though I can hear and feel my brain going 'think, think. think'. I guess that comes from being a thinker!

Day 22 - Spot
My favourite spot is to sit on a comfy chair with my happy things around me. This includes either the iPad or the mac, some books, my calendar and some stitching.

Day 23 - Write
I like to write, but there are some forms that I enjoy more than others. Report writing is not one I enjoy but I do enjoy blog writing, writing messages and letters to friends, postcards and in a notebook.

Day 24- Relationship
Not really in the mood to write about this.

Day 25 - Outside
I like being outside on autumn and spring days. I can take it or leave it in winter or summer.

Day 26 - Covet
I covet lots of things. A full-time job. My own place to live - either rent or buy. A new car. Pizza. Close friends to hang out with where I live. Roti bread. The list goes on...

Day 27 - Hobby
Internet surfing. Scrapbooking. Mixed media journals. Cooking. Walking. Cyling. Reading. Shopping. Catching up with friends. Travelling.

Day 28 - Drink
Water.

Day 29 - Smell
Poeme by Lancome.

Day 30 - 3.35pm
Work day - on way home. Weekend - anything. Non work day - anything.

Day 31 - Joy
Joy is knowing that you are enough and you are good enough!



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment