Saturday, May 19, 2012

31 Things Day 3

Read

I am a big fan of books and reading. I have always been a reader and a collector of books. I will sit and devour a book like some people do a block of chocolate. Although I have been known to do that too! I can remember as a youngster my mum having to hid the mail from me because I would read it and understand and ask questions like 'what is a bank card?'! I would also read the newspaper from cover to cover. As I have grown up nothing has changed, apart from the formats that make up what I read. I love reading blogs and websites and will spend quite a bit of time just reading my favourite blogs. I love to read books and magazines on my iPad too as can be seen in the above photo. I am still an avid reader of magazines and journals and was rather happy to get a copy of 'Uppercase' in the city yesterday. My love of reading led me to a career as a teacher librarian - something which has given me the chance to share my love of reading with students. Last year I loved being an English teacher and utilising my skills as a teacher librarian.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment