Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Book Review - Heels on Wheels by Katie Daly and Clare Owen

When I saw the title of this book 'Heels on Wheels - a lady's guide to owning and riding a bike' I got the giggles. Why? Because I can just imaging me riding the Spillo up some of the hills around here in heels!
Upon reading the book I was happy to see that it was divided into sections that were all really useful. I wish I had this book when I was buying my bike. It might have saved me a lot of hassle of looking into buying a second bike because my first doesn't really suit my needs.
The book also gives me the confidence to do some minor repairs to my bike and what to look for when buying accessories. Things that I had never really thought of.
Clare Owen's illustrations in this book are just lovely. They are very clever and suit the theme of the book and the text.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment