Monday, May 21, 2012

31 Things Day 4

Spirit. Spirit is a word that has lots of different meanings to me. The meaning that I am going to write about is the spirit of having a go. In the photo, I am at the little village of Dawung in the hills outside of Yogyakarta. The residents of this village are extremely poor but yet they show such strong spirit. They are welcoming and warm hearted and will do anything to make you feel comfortable. Yet they are so poor and in the dry season they run out of water. They try their hardest to grow crops and make a life for themselves. The village is assisted by the FCJ Sisters. On the day we visited I was starting to feel the affects of 'Bali Belly' and was not 100%, but I still wanted to go. I am so glad I went to see the gorgeous spirit of these people.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment