Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Book Review: The $120 Food Challenge



I have been reading Sandra Reynolds' blog for a while. She has lots of great recipes on her blog that I like and have made. Last year Sandra was featured on Mamamia and she coped a bit of an unfair backlash. For what reason I am unsure. But despite the backlash Sandra carries on and has written her first book with the same name as her blog.
Mum and I have both flicked through this book and love it. What I really like about this book is that it is organised into seasons. That way you can find recipes that are based around what fresh ingredients you have access to.
Some of the recipes that have given me ideas are -
Gnocchi alla Roma - we have and abundance of potatoes at the moment
Vegetable calzone
Helen has made the quiche with the rice as the base but did not use the same filling. It tasted really good!

In the book the cost per recipe is not given but if you have a look on Sandra's website the recipes there are costed.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment